Friday, July 23, 2010

Friendship!

Friend-ships

There are friends who pass like ships in the night
Who stop for a moment then sail out of sight
With never a backward glance of regret
Friends we know briefly but quickly forget
THen there are friends who sail together
Through troubled waters and stormy weather
They are your friends through joy and through strife
And they are the ones who give meaning to life
-Anonymous


I've remebered that poem ever since I read it in Dolly magazine in high school and its so true too. Then there's another kind of friend..you know the one I'm talking about.....
The one you drop everything to be there for, that you share everything with, that you'd give the clothes off your back if they need it.....but funny how your phone only rings when they need something from you. Funny how, when you need someone, they're never around.

I was never a person with a lot of friends and therefore cherish the friends i do have. I guess the hardest thing for me was that when I was growing up with not many friends, I had to try even harder to make friends because I had to try harder to BE one. If that doesn't make sense to you then look at it this way....It's hard to know how to BE a friend if you haven't any! As I got older I guess I carried a bit of that with me because I now find myself struggling to keep friendships that really don't seem worth the effort sometimes.

Maybe sometimes it's better to just have yourself because then you dont have to deal with broken friendships or empty friendships.

At the end of the day, you have to be happy within yourself, if you have friendships that make you unhappy or that you are struggling to keep going, then maybe, just maybe, it's better to cut all ties and make yourself happy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment